We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
1. Collecting personal information
1.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email address.
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address.
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and services OR goods and services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website including your name, address, telephone number, email address and Bank card details.
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication and
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
2. Using personal information
2.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
2.2 We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business
- Personalize our website for you
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send you goods purchased through our website
- Supply to you services purchased through our website
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
2.3 We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.